Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Greg Clowminzer shares some of the common problems entrepreneurs face and how he’s able to help them overcome those problems. One of the biggest suggestions Greg makes for entrepreneurs is to use the appropriate language for success. Learn the language of success according to Greg in Episode 30 of the Defining Success Podcast.
Business Coach – Greg Clowminzer
Recap: Greg Clowminzer is a pioneering business and leadership coach with over 10,000 hours of real time coaching experience. Greg coaches and consults CEO’s, small business owners, and professionals helping them clarify their vision, create unique strategies for success and developing the necessary skills to be a leader and effectively exercise leadership as their natural self-expression.
Prior to coaching Greg was in commercial investment real estate. He helped investors acquire apartment buildings and assisted people who held multi-family investment properties.
At a young age, Greg was making a lot of money in real-estate, but just because he was making a lot of money it didn’t necessarily mean he was happy. Greg felt unfulfilled and not very happy with what he was doing. He began to look at what made him happy and was fortunate to meet several teachers, mentors and coaches who helped him discover what success and happiness was for him. He then decided he wanted to become a business coach.
People come to Greg in a variety of different ways. Some people will reach out to Greg through the Internet or they listen to Greg at a speaking engagement. Most people reach out to Greg because they want more or less of something. In the initial consultation, Greg helps them get clear on what’s possible and it also gives Greg a chance to see if the individual would be a good fit for him. Greg offers a complimentary consultation to explore their lives or their businesses and see how Greg could help them get better.
Greg starts painting a picture for what you want and then helps you generate ideas to help you get to that point. Greg listens to what you really want and helps you understand what it is you want and without worrying about the way it is. People come out of the consultation being very energized and excited.
A common problem a lot of entrepreneurs have is focusing on what’s important. A week, month, or several months can go by without taking the time for what’s important to the success of their business. Another problem he sees is that so many entrepreneurs are focusing on work that they don’t take the time to focus on themselves. One of the quickest ways an entrepreneur can grow a business is to focus on themselves. Another big problem Greg encounters are business owners who have problems with leadership or management because they never think about going into business to become a leader. Most people get into business because they are passionate about something, but the last thing on their mind is thinking about people skills. Other problems include marketing and sales issues. And lastly, many people he knows are under-networked and that puts their business at a risk.
Greg has a lot of clients that have hit rough spots where they are down, fearful, taken a major hit or the market affects their business and Greg has been able to get in their and get them back in the game to where they are growing and expanding their business.
In people who speak the language of success, there is a tremendous amount of responsibility in their language. When they promise something you know they are going to come through. Unsuccessful people commonly use words like try, where successful people say they will do and make sure they get those done.
The perfect trait for Greg are people who a smart and have a high-IQ and people who have embraced the idea of life-long learning. If they are willing to experiment with what Greg calls their “beingness.” People grow when they are able to experience their truth.
Some advice Greg would give to entrepreneurs is to look at their motives about why they are going into business and to be honest with themselves. At the very onset start building your team around you. Have an accountability buddy, a team and a success coach. You can even contact Greg to learn the language of success.
Engaging Discussion Questions:
- What do you think of the quote by Yoda: “Do or do not . . . There is no try.”? Is there a language of success?
- How do you show up as a leader and a coach for the people in your organization?
Links to Great Stuff:
- GregClowminzer.com – “Greg lives in Carlsbad, California and coaches with entrepreneurs, small business owners and professionals, helping them awaken to a greater purpose and meaning in their personal and professional lives. Greg uses a blend of eastern and western views as a means of introducing people to the untapped potential of the human spirit. Greg is most passionate about leading Enlightenment Intensives a Zen-like meditation retreat where he teaches people the lost art of true-self reflection and the uncommon practice of authentic communication. Call or write to schedule a complimentary coaching consultation.”
- Transparent Mortgage – “Since 2003, Beau has been a mortgage professional and is the Founder and Senior Mortgage Advisor at Transparent Mortgage. Earning degrees in both business and finance he has a diverse background as a financial advisor and mortgage professional. He has worked with and for Luxury Mortgage, Bank of America and Impac Funding. He grew up in Alaska, spending summers working at his father’s fishing lodge, Tikchik Narrows Lodge, where he learned the value of hard work and a commitment to customer service. Beau currently lives in downtown San Diego, CA.”
- “Success is about learning and growing and experiencing the wonderment of life.”
- “Success is a team effort.”
- “That which is undistinguished in our lives we’re trapped by.”
- “The person who is less than powerful in their language in life has no idea that they are trapped by that.”
- “Successful people use a language that empowers them and other people.”
- “A really good coach is not coming with their guns loaded but . . . coming with a complete state of presence.”
- “True coaching and masterful coaching is truly an art.”
- “I wanted to dedicate my life to other people who are unfulfilled in what they’re doing . . . and support those people and helping them discover what their definition of success is.”
Rate and review the Defining Success Podcast in iTunes.