Welcome to the Defining Success Podcast with Zeb Welborn. The Defining Success Podcast will be an interview style podcast, but for this episode, learn about Zeb Welborn, the man behind the podcast.
This is the introductory episode for The Defining Success Podcast with Zeb Welborn. My goal with the introductory podcast was to introduce myself to future listeners. . . (aka YOU!)
In 2007, I thought I had become a success. I achieved everything I wanted to when I was younger, I found a career, got married and bought my first house. Just two years later I found myself divorced, jobless and living at my parents.
After some time, I found a job tutoring one student in Norco, CA. I found tutoring to be so fulfilling that I decided to make a business out of it, while at the same time my sister, Lacey was learning to design websites. She helped design the website for The Tutoring Solution and we never looked back.
Tutoring to me became very fulfilling as I was charged with helping to motivate students who seemed to lack motivation. In the process of helping students achieve their goals, I became much more aware of my own belief systems and began changing my habits which helped me become more and more successful.
A year after starting the tutoring business, Lacey and I started a new business venture, Welborn Social Media. An interesting fact, the mother of Nick, the first parent who hired me for tutoring was also the owner of Scrapbook Expo who became our first client.
Lacey and I loved working with business owners, because business owners were some of the most passionate people I have come across . . . and even more so with successful business owners.
It has become my mission to help business owners become successful because I’ve found that business owners are, more often than not, passionate individuals. They are passionate because they feel they are providing a valuable service to others. This passion and service to others has made them happier as a result.
As a student, I performed adequately in school. Mostly A’s and B’s with a few C’s thrown in for good measure, but I mostly just floated through life with no clear direction or purpose. Becoming a business owner has helped me develop a clearly defined purpose and I am happier as a result.
I want to share that happiness with others. I want to encourage people who are passionate about something to pursue their dreams. The road will not be easy, but if it is something you truly desire than nothing can stop you but yourself.
Thank you for listening to the Defining Success Podcast with Zeb Welborn. If you are passionate, and excited about what you do, please let me know how I can help you.
Engaging Discussion Questions:
- Define Success . . . Are You Successful? Why or Why Not?
- How Are You Sabotaging Your Success?
Links to Great Stuff:
- The Tutoring Solution – A Fond Farewell from Zeb Welborn – Zeb Welborn passes the reigns of The Tutoring Solution into the very capable hands of Cynthia De La Torre
- Welborn Media – The Story of Welborn Social Media – The first blog post of Welborn Social Media
- Scrapbook Expo – Welcome Scrapbookers! – Because of our strong relationship with Scrapbook Expo we’ve been able to work with numerous local and national scrapbooking companies.
- Mike Jiminez – If you’d like more information on podcasting or podcasting equipment, Mike Jiminez is an excellent resource. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote of the Episode:
“Looking forward to better things to come.”
- Please download, review and subscribe to the Defining Success Podcast on iTunes.
- Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- If you are a business owner who wants to unleash the power of the Internet please visit the Welborn Media website.
- Sign Up for the Defining Success Podcast Newsletter to keep you updated on new episodes, upcoming guests and exciting opportunities.
Special Thank You’s:
- Mike Jiminez – Thank you for conducting our podcasts and for getting us started. We’re excited to be working with you for the duration of the podcast.
- Richard McKinnon – Thank you for adding the intro music to our podcasts. Thanks for using our services at Welborn Media for your acoustic ceiling removal business, System 1. And thanks for being a great friend.
- Brian Roberts – Thank you for the amazing introductory skills you’ve lended to the Defining Success Podcast if anyone out there needs voice work for anything I encourage you to contact Brain. Brian is also the owner of In-Store Radio which creates a customized radio station for any retail shopping environment. Please visit In-Store Radio for more information about Brian Roberts.
- Jennifer Davis – Thank you for hiring me to tutor you son and for hiring my sister and I to jump start our businesses. Thank you for your guidance and support. And thank you for being a great friend.
- Nick Cianflocco – Thank you for the work you put into becoming a better person. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you. And thank you for teaching me as much, or more than I taught you.
- Cindy De La Torre – Thank you for being the most amazing woman a guy could ask for.
- Lacey Welborn – Thank you for being awesome!
- Rocky Welborn – Thank you for being a good brother.
- Annie & Larry Welborn (aka Mom & Dad) – Thank you for being there for your oldest son when he needed you most.