Podcast: Play in new window | Download
There are so many people who want to succeed but are often discouraged or are simply uninspired. As a university professor, Dr. Antipas Harris sees this problem, often, among his students. He wrote, Unstoppable Success, 7 Ways to Flourish in Your Boundless Potential to encourage young people to maximize their boundless potential to flourish and to achieve values-based success.
In this episode, Dr. Antipas and I talk about the seven traits successful people have and how important integrity is in everything you do.
According to Dr. Antipas Harris, there are seven values that lead to success:
- Faith – People who experience success are typically people who have some form of faith. Faith in a worldly sense, but also faith in themselves and the future.
- Vision – Vision is the target to help you know what it is you want to achieve.
- Persistence – There are always going to be challenges, but those who are successful are able to overcome those challenges through persistence.
- Humility – Humble people can stop looking at the big picture and look at the simple things in life.
- Education – Education means to become wise with the information that we gain. Education has to be holistic. The gathering of information and the developing of skills and how to apply that learning in ones life.
- Making the Right Connections – Connecting with the right people makes a difference in helping successful people become successful.
- Integrity – It’s important that we ground our success in honesty.
- John Maxwell –
- The Aquabats – Lobsters in a Bucket
- “If you don’t have a clear vision, you don’t know where you’re going.”
- “You don’t just stumble upon success, it has to be intentional.”
- “Challenges are inevitable, but defeat is optional.”
- “There’s always more to learn.”
- “Don’t be a know-it-all.”
- “Read as much as you can, even outside of your expertise.”
- “No one who is successful achieved that by themselves.”
- “What is the legacy we leave behind once it’s all over.”
- “I am where I’m supposed to be right now in my life.”
- “Success is becoming who one is created to become.”
- “Success has many paths.”
Dr. Antipas Harris is the author of Unstoppable Success.