Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Tom Dowd is the author of Time Management Manifesto. In Episode 111 of the Defining Success Podcast, Tom Dowd shares his time management tips and tactics with us. Learn how to manage your time better in this episode of the Defining Success Podcast.
Time management is a disciplined mindset to be able to live in the moment while working toward the future. It is all mental—it’s an attitude. Having control in your life is about commitment, routines, flexibility, adjustments, and planning. We create our own self-limitations. We say we’ll do tomorrow what we really want to do today. Eliminate what’s holding you back. “Time Management Manifesto” offers specific actions that will teach subscribers the following themes:
- Manage your time, don’t let it manage you
- Time management is required of all levels, in all positions
- The benefits of managing professional time effectively spill into your personal space
Throughout the interview, Tom gives some great advice on ways to manage your time.
One idea is to block off a period of time at the end of each work day to plan out your next day. The same thing is to plan out your month a week or two before the beginning of the next month.
Turn off the notifications on your computer to avoid distractions.
- “When you can, avoid multi-tasking.”
- “Touch it once.”
- “You should double the amount of time you think it’s going to take you to do anything.”
- “This is the least amount of things I can do to be successful for the day.”
- “If you are the host of a meeting commit to starting it on time and ending it on time.”
- “There are no secrets to time management”
- To learn more about Tom Dowd and the Time Management Manifesto, please visit – Transformation Tom